This year I’ll be doing some New Year’s Read-olutions again. I’ve picked 10 books that I hope to read by the end of the year.
1. Recipe for Life by Mary Berry. I bought this as a Christmas gift for a friend a year ago and I’ve been aching to buy it myself. I was pleasantly surprised when my boyfriend gave it to me for Christmas this year!
2. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. I think this is the third year in a row I’m putting this on my list. I’m going to read it eventually…I hope.
3. The Fellowship of the Ring by J. R. R. Tolkien. I finally read The Hobbit so this year I’m going to try for the first in the trilogy!
4. Lois Lane: Double Down by Gwenda Bond. I really enjoyed the first book in this series and I’ve had a copy of this for a while now so I just need to hop to it and get reading!
5. Trouble Makes a Comeback by Stephanie Tromly. I just read the first book in this series after my friend insisted and now I need more! I just bought my copy of this book and I’m hoping my schedule allows for lots of reading time.
6. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story by Alexander Freed. I read the novelization of Force Awakens earlier this year and while it wasn’t amazing it gave me new ways to look at the movie so I’m hoping to get that from Rogue One as well. I just bought my copy!
7. Moshi Moshi by Banana Yoshimoto. Yoshimoto is my favourite author, but there hasn’t been an English translation of her work in 6 years now and now there’s Moshi Moshi. I am so excited to finally read more Yoshimoto!
8. The Batman: Knightfall storyline. I’ve had this sitting on my shelves for awhile but never got to it. After the success I had with completing whole series in 2016 I thought I’d aim to get this one in this year.
9. Jack Frost by William Joyce. I’m carrying this over from last year as well. I still haven’t bought it but I want to!
10. The Authority series by Warren Ellis. I let my boyfriend choose the final book for this year and this is what he wants me to read. I am actually looking forward to the challenge.
Finally I want to talk about the Goodreads’ 2017 Reading Challenge. I’m setting my goal at 100 books/graphic novels for this year simply because I know I don’t give myself a lot of time to read anymore so I don’t think I can aim any higher. 2016 I barely hit 200 so I don’t want to push it.
I am really looking forward to what this new year will bring, both in life and in reading, and I look forward to sharing it with you all.
Happy New Year!
What books do you want to read in 2017? Leave me a comment and let me know!
What goal are you setting for the Goodreads 2017 Reading Challenge? Let me know in the comments!
Connect with me on Goodreads, BlogLovin, and Twitter.