The Liebster Award is a great way to feature new blogs and to get to know new book bloggers in the process. There are variations as to the guidelines of how to proceed with this award but here are the basics:
1. Link back to the person/blog who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions they set for the blogs they nominated.
3. List 11 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 blogs (preferably those with less than 200 followers)
and be sure to let them know with a link to your post.
5. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
My Answers for Nyze’s Questions:
1. How many books have you read in 2014?
In 2014 I read 255 books! I know it’s kind of an insane number, but I had a lot of free time during the year. This year I doubt I’ll get through anywhere near that many.
2. Have you attended an author’s book signing event(s)? Name the author(s).
I have attended a few book signings, not nearly as many as I’d like to have attended. I have been to Rainbow Rowell’s signing, Matthew Inman from The Oatmeal, and most recently Gayle Forman and Jamie Blackley.
3. How many of your books were signed by authors? Which books?
I have a few signed books, some from events, some that I bought signed. My copies of Fangirl and Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell were signed at her event that I went to. Then when I met Gayle Forman and Jamie Blackley I got my 2 copies of If I Stay, Where She Went, and You Can’t Get There From Here signed. I also bought a signed copy of The Symptoms of My Insanity by Mindy Raf at work.
4. Have you attended an RT Booklovers Convention?
I haven’t attended RT Booklovers Convention. It’s a bit far for me to get to most blogging community stuff. 😦
5. Who’s your favorite blogger?
I don’t have a favourite blogger, I follow a lot of blogs that I really enjoy reading. So here’s a list of some blogs I like reading: Everything Nyze, The Roaming Librarian, Young Adult Indulgences, Luna’s Little Library, and Abibliophobic Tendencies. These are the blogs I read most often I’d say. I don’t comment on their posts as often as I should, largely because I read their blogs on my phone during my break at work.
6. Which do you prefer? Hardcover books or Audio books?
Definitely hardcover over audiobooks. I much prefer physical copies of books to any other form of books, just personal preference.
7. Who’s your favorite female heroine?
This is a tricky question. I struggled with this one a bit because I can’t pinpoint a heroine that’s my favourite. I’ll name a few I guess: Hermione from Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling, Tally from Uglies by Scott Westerfeld, Lyra from His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman, Kamala Khan from Ms. Marvel by G. Willow Wilson and Adrian Alphona, and Annabeth from Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan. For some other strong female leads: Mia from If I Stay by Gayle Forman, Paige from The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon, Liesel from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, and Maddie and Julie from Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. I now realize I could go on for ages, but there are some favourites of mine.
8. Do you have a series/book that you regret reading/buying?
Basically anything I gave a one star review I think. It’s a bit mean, but I do have some pretty strong feelings about some of those books. Some big ones, which still annoy me to think about, are: Cold Feet at Christmas by Debbie Johnson, When You Were Here by Daisy Whitney, In Real Life by Lawrence Tabak, and Mid-Life by Joe Ollmann.
9. How many DNFs do you have?
I don’t have any! I always finish a book, no matter how long it takes. Just a personal thing I guess, but no matter how bad the book I need to know how it ends.
10. Any Book Clubs you could recommend?
I don’t know a lot about Book Clubs, I’m not in one and haven’t ever really looked into one. So, unfortunately no. 😦
11 Facts About Me
- I have been dyeing my hair red since I was 10. Originally it was just red steaks, but now it’s like full on ginger-red all the time.
- I started writing a book in the summer, but kind of gave up. 😦
- I’m a really picky eater.
- I’m terrified of heights.
- And yet, I’ve climbed a mountain.
- I have a huge stuffed animal collection, which is mostly in boxes since I moved after university. 😦
- I studied film at university.
- I have 3 dogs.
- I love to clean, but only if I’m in a bad mood. It’s soothing.
- I love winter (and snow especially).
- I hope to be a librarian eventually.
- What book are you most looking forward to in 2015?
- Who’s your current book boyfriend?
- What is your favourite book cover?
- What book from your TBR pile is at the top of your list to read?
- Which author, living or dead, would you most like to meet?
- What’s your favourite book series?
- How many languages do you speak?
- Is there a book you regret reading/buying?
- What’s your favourite type of weather?
- What is the book you recommend above all others?
- Kerry at The Roaming Librarian
- Amber at Young Adult Indulgences
- Luna at Luna’s Little Library
- Allie at Abibliophobic Tendencies
- Courtney at Abibliophobic Tendencies
- Kyra at Blog of a Bookaholic
- Genesis at GenGen’s Book Blog
- Kristy at Studio Reads
- Laura at Once Upon a Twilight (or really all/any of the OUAT Coven)
- Ariel at Bookish Confessions
I know a bunch of these have more than 200 followers, and some may have done this Award before, but these are the people I most often interact with and I’d love to get to know more about them!
Thanks for reading!!